How to Play Nooran Kuchi / Noothan kuchi ( Pick-up Sticks Game):-
- Any number of players can participate. The game has to be played in circles. The package contains 10 small sticks and 1 big stick and one wooden ring.
- Place the wooden ring on the table; Hold all the 11 sticks together. The bigger stick has to be held cross (perpendicular) below the remaining 10 sticks. (So that, while dropping altogether, the bigger stick has to fall below and a remaining heap of sticks will lie on that). + The first stick has to be taken using by hand, and the next sticks can be taken one by one with the use of stick taken or by hand.
- Conditions in Nooran Kuchi / Noothan kuchi ( Pick-up Sticks Game):-
- Sticks dropped into the wooden ring should not touch the perimeter of the circle, if touched; the player should pick the sticks and drop again.
- Once dropped, No other sticks should be disturbed while taking one stick. If there is a slight shake noticed by other players, It will be considered as foul and the next player will start to play.
- Each small stick is considered 10 points and the big stick is considered 100 points and hence the name “Nooranguchi”, If a player takes all the sticks without disturbing other sticks, he gets 200 points. If taken only 3 or 4 sticks he will obtain 30 or 40 points appropriately and pass on the board to the next player.
- Those who obtain the maximum points is considered a winner.